Why we teach mathematics – the purpose of study
Mathematics is a creative and highly interconnected discipline that has been developed over centuries, providing the solution to some of history’s most intriguing problems.
It is essential to everyday life, critical to science, technology and engineering, and necessary for financial literacy and most forms of employment.
A high-quality mathematics education therefore provides a foundation for understanding the world, the ability to reason mathematically, an appreciation of the beauty and power of mathematics, and a sense of enjoyment and curiosity about the subject.
- Mathletics – Please see your class teacher if you do not know your child’s login details.
- Espresso – Please see a member of staff for the school login details.
- PurpleMash – Login details are the same as for Espresso.
- Topmarks – Maths games for all age groups.
- Maths Playground – Maths games for all age groups.
- Table Mountain – A great game for practising times tables.
- BBC Bitesize – Games relating to the KS2 curriculum.
- Board Games – you may like to purchase to play as a family.