Evendons Primary School is a progressive and exciting school which was graded outstanding by OFSTED in all areas.
We are now recruiting Learning Support Assistants to work within our SEN team –
Position: Part Time/Fixed Term
Stare Date: February 2022
We are Wokingham’s first STEM primary school. The thematic curriculum at Evendons is inspiring for staff and children. Music and outdoor learning is a key part of the ethos as well as the school’s motto of Kindness Matters.
Our annual STEM fair is just one of the ways we create lasting memories and a thirst for learning. (https://www.evendons-primary.co.uk/the-school-curriculum/stem/stem-fair/
With an exciting outdoor area, the latest technology in the classrooms and a focus on Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths our aim is to create a nurturing environment which will inspire the children to flourish in their learning and development.
We are keen to promote your continuing professional development and are looking for talented people to join our team who:-
- may have prior experience of working with children as a teaching assistant / learning support assistant or an interest in starting a career in education
- have a good standard of general education e.g. GSCE English, Maths and Science.
- are passionate about supporting the teaching and learning of young people.
- have the desire to ensure that all children secure the highest possible levels of progress and attainment.
- have the ability to work creatively and sensitively with children
- are able to relate well to and communicate well with children and adults.
- have experience of working with children with SEN
Hours: 22.50 hours per week 8.30am to 1.00pm Monday-Friday.
Salary: Actual annual salary (based on LSA Scale S3-11) is £9,655 – £11,312
Closing Date: 9am on Monday 3rd January 2022
Interview Date: Thursday (AM) 6th January 2022
The above appointment is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check. Evendons Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.