Pupil Premium is additional funding allocated to schools by the government for supporting pupils to ensure that they benefit from the same opportunities as all other children. There are 3 categories of children that qualify for a Pupil Premium Grant (PPG):
● Children who are eligible for free school meals (FSM)
● Looked After Children (have been looked after for 1 day or more; are adopted; leave care under a Special Guardianship Order or a Residence order)
● Armed Forces children
For service children, it has been identified nationally that there may be a need to provide additional care, guidance and support due to the nature of these
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport you offer.
This means that you should use the premium to:
1. develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
2. build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
There are 5 key indicators that schools should expect to see improvement across:
1. the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
2. the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
3. increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
4. broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
5. increased participation in competitive sport
Catch Up Premium
How Will Evendons Spend the Grant?
Under the direction of the SLT the Catch up fund will be used to provide individuals and groups of children with catch up tutoring in school.
This person will:
- Develop a range of tools and strategies to support children’s progress in maths and English. Children will ‘catch up’ with their peers.
- Maintain accurate, confidential and up to date evidence of work with children
- Share successes with SLT
- Obtain Evidence of Assessment of these children and track progress.
- Create a bank of strategies and tools that can be used for tutoring
- Use ICT to support children in specific areas
- Respond to teachers requests and identify gaps and plan interventions
- Pre-teach and reteach targeted groups.
- Write a directed timetable in collaboration with class teachers
How much will Evendons get from the Grant?
Autumn and Spring Term Payments
How will the Grant be spent?
|Total Amount £30160.00||Cost||Remaining|
|Catch Up Tutor (0.4)||£19,188.00||£10972.00|
|Refurbishment of new break out/SEND space||£1397.46||£9574.54|
|Curriculum resources (PSHE) for whole school well-being and positive dispositions for learning||£2500||£3245.79|