Evendons Primary School is set in beautiful grounds which have historical importance in Wokingham dating back to 1785.
It has been a private home to people of importance such as Robert Garrard the Crown Jewellers, more recently an independent preparatory school, and now Wokingham’s first ever community led primary free school.
Our school has:
- A fully equipped gymnasium
- ICT equipment in every classroom
- 65” Samsung Interactive screens in every classroom for interactive learning
- A rear playing field
- Outdoor play equipment
- A servery for lunch
- A woodland path
- Outdoor “living” classrooms
- A tennis/basketball court
- A car park
- Chrome book for every child and devices with keyboard, mouse and touchscreens
- Library zones
- Music studio
- Wireless network connectivity throughout the site
- Food science room
- Separate Foundation Stage undercover play area
- Beautiful trees and greenery
In the grounds of Evendons we have an array of trees and wonderful greenery for wildlife to thrive all of which plays an important part in our childrens’ learning. We have Oak, Beech, Lime, Holly, Ash, Liridendron (tuliptree), Catalpa (Indian Bean Tree), Hazel and Field maples to name a few.
Improvements and works to be carried out
We are currently improving our site and will be undertaking building works in the school throughout 2014 – 2017. The work will be carried out safely and the impact to the children will be as a minimal as possible. We will also be using this as an opportunity to teach the children about building and engineering.