Since opening in September 2014, the school has raised a total of
Our school ethos has relationships and community at its heart. We are acutely aware of inequalities and keen to develop an appreciation for all we enjoy in life:
- warmth and comfort
We are therefore eager to join our pupils and get involved with a wide range of fundraising initiatives.
There are, however, many high-profile charities and as marketing improves, it can be difficult to choose where to direct support. It can also be difficult to justify why you choose not to support a particular charity.
A key characteristic of the curriculum at Evendons is meaning; everything we do to support charities is rooted in the work we do with the children. Generating funds for charities without the accompanying involvement is a missed opportunity. For this reason we have chosen to delegate responsibility for fundraising to one of our houses.
House groups meet regularly through the term to discuss a range of charities and agree where we should direct our support. They acquaint themselves with the need or issue, the work of the charity and how it might relate to us (is it local? Is it someone we know?). They then make plans to best support their chosen causes.
Our aims are as follows:
- staff and pupils feel completely involved with supporting a wide range of causes
- we contribute to planning and everyone has a voice
- we have high expectations and work towards goals
- we make a significant contribution to worthy causes and help to make a difference
- we all have the sense of accomplishment that comes with full involvement and participation, effort, risk-taking and enterprise
- our pupils develop a moral view on the causes and issues raised
- our pupils learn that they can make positive changes through action
- our community becomes acquainted with a range of local and global organisations
- our children meet people from these organisations and broaden their understanding of the world